No pictures, they are on the other laptop, but I wanted to put up something about our weekend.
We left Friday after Clarice got off work...big mistake. It took us an hour just to get out of Sydney! Stupid rush hour... Anyway, we were both a bit tired, hungry and grumpy when we saw a sign for McDonalds in 30km. First of all, the sign was unsual as they don't have too many billboards on the side of the road like we do in the States. We decided to get some grub and that would make us feel better. A little while later I looked down and noticed we had gone 50km and no sign of McDs!! I guess the sign wanted us to get off at a town that had a McDs, but since none of the towns really butt right up to the highway (and it was PITCH black) we never saw it. Sad... I told Clarice and she said, "Let's just get off at the next Service Plaza that has food." Fine.
A bit later we see a sign for a Service Plaza with the "crossed fork and knife" symbol for food. Knowing how picky we are I was wondering what they would have. We came to the top of a gentle hill and Clarice give out a "YES!" Golden Arches beckon us to the Service Plaza. Normal to have in a US plaza, very strange here in Oz let me tell you.
We finally got in to Canberra around 9:15pm, about 1.5 hours later than we planned thanks to the traffic, so we decided to just stay in, watch so tube (they have cable!) and get some sleep for Saturday's big adventures.
Jon
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment